Monday, January 09, 2017
Following are the contents of a letter being distributed to all families at Stayner Collegiate Institute, Byng Public School, Clearview Meadows Elementary School and Nottawasawaga and Creemore Public School regarding the upcoming attendance area review.
Dear Simcoe County District School Board Families,
This letter is to inform you that the Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) is reviewing the attendance areas of Collingwood Collegiate Institute, Nottawasaga Pines Secondary School and Stayner Collegiate Institute (SCI). The goal of this review is to align elementary feeder school boundaries with SCI’s attendance area. The decision to review the attendance areas was part of the outcome of a Pupil Accommodation Review involving SCI, Byng Public School and Clearview Meadows Elementary School that that took place last year. We expect minimal changes to the SCI attendance area and student population.
The accompanying map shows areas that are under review and may be affected by boundary changes. SCDSB staff are currently considering the following:
- Aligning the Clearview Meadows ES boundary entirely with SCI’s attendance area
- Aligning the Nottawasaga & Creemore PS boundary entirely with SCI’s attendance area
- Aligning the Nottawa ES boundary entirely with CCI’s attendance area
- Giving students from New Lowell that currently reside in the NPSS attendance area a choice between NPSS and SCI
- Giving students directly affected by changes the choice to stay at their current school at the time of implementation
The SCDSB staff recommendation will be presented to our Board of Trustees for a decision in March 2017. Any approved changes will take effect in September 2018.
A public information meeting has been scheduled to present the SCDSB staff recommendation and answer questions from members of the community.
Date: January 31, 2017
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Stayner Collegiate Institute
You are most welcome to attend this meeting to learn more about the proposed plan. If you are not able to attend this meeting and have questions about the proposed plan, please do not hesitate to contact me at 705-734-6363 x.11638.
Superintendent of Education
cc Wayne Clements, Trustee